Thursday, September 21, 2006

Tough town no more....

I got up this morning and breathed a sigh of excitement. I was awaiting good news. Just as I was getting ready to head out the lawyer called and broke the news. He informed me that the tenant wants to move out under 3 conditions (WTF?):

1) Tenant will surrender the keys back to me by October 15th. Thats earlier than expected.
2) Tenant will take the agreed offer and collect the security deposit back but it has to be paid by next week.
3) Tenant will not return the space in its original state meaning that she won't clean up the place and do the necessary restoration work.

Correct me if I'm wrong but is it not a global practice to leave a space in it's original condition and then collect your security deposit? If it's not in the original condition, do I not have the right to keep the security deposit? Since when could beggars be choosers?

Decisions, decisions.....

Lawyer is in further talks to try and negotiate for me to have the right to the security deposit. I could just take the offer but I would be shelling out too much cash. Wouldn't make sense.

Let's see.

I also just got done registering the business. That was a good experience.

No comments: