Tuesday, April 21, 2009

TED: Videos That I Recommend














The two videos featured below are talks given by Stefan Sagmeister, world renowned graphic designer and typographer. The two videos are highly recommended.

I tried embedding the two videos but they end up getting cut off since the content display on this template is only about 400px wide. The links to the videos are below. Enjoy!

Stefan Sagmeister: Yes, design can make you happy

Talks Stefan Sagmeister: Things I have learned in my life so far

This is the list of things he has learned in his life so far:
helping other people helps me
having guts always works out for me
thinking life will be better in the future is stupid. i have to live now
starting a charity is surprisingly easy
being not truthful works against me
everything i do always comes back to me
assuming is stifling
drugs feel great in the beginning and become a drag later on
over time i get used to everything and start taking for granted
money does not make me happy
traveling alone is helpful for a new perspective on life
keeping a diary supports personal development
trying to look good limits my life
material luxuries are best enjoyed in small doses
worrying solves nothing
complaining is silly. either act or forget
actually doing the things I set out to do increases my overall level of satisfaction
everybody thinks they are right
low expectations are a good strategy
whatever I want to explore professionally, its best to try it out for myself first
everybody who is honest is interesting

No comments: