Friday, October 20, 2006

Back!

Sorry for the dissapearing act.

I have been in Singapore doing good things. I just got in about 2 hours ago.

I got the keys to my apartment and moved in already. Me and the parents went to IKEA to make the place a bit more liveable. I think they had more fun than I did.

I also got the store keys so I been showing the space off to all the vendors. Some of them are still a bit weary because they don't have the same vision of the place that I do. No worries, I'll show them how it's done.

A lot of the clothing brands have also been pissing me off. I guess I need to understand I would probably do the same if I had designed my own shit. That would piss me off if I worked on something so hard all season long only to find some tool marketing and distributing my label in a way that's not consistent with my vision. I probably have to get the possible interior solutions to those people and that might nudge them a little further.

I have been placing orders with others that have been easier. I will continue to do so after our Melbourne trip. However, I have assured myself and the people involved that I will not open up the store just because it should be open. I'm going to wait till it's stocked up so that people can enjoy the concept as a "whole" and not just the individual units. They'll be able to understand my message more clearly if the environment is complete.

Should work out okay. I'm beat. I'll post up more shit tomorrow.

No comments: