Thursday, May 03, 2007

Progress Report

Sorry for the long hiatus. I have been stuck in trying to get things running. As of now I am officially 3 months behind schedule. This is a tough town and I have figured it out the hard way. Enough crying already, here's the plan.

I get the keys from the contractor on Monday or Tuesday next week. For some reason we keep getting delayed everytime it rains in this city. I don't usually pray but I have been a whole lot these past few days for the sake of this weather. We need warm and clear days so that the spray painting works can dry. It is all of these little things that have been hindering our progress.

The plan is to go in by Monday or Tuesday and set up everything in there. The store will be open sometime next week but I ask all of you that come in to bear with Eugene and myself. Not everything will be perfect as we will still be ironing out all of the little issues around the place. I just want to get this store up and running so that those "When is your store opening? People build buildings in 5 months!" sort of questions and remarks will end. So there's my explanation just in case you all didn't know already. Everything won't be up to par when you come into the store but I hope it will be appreciated nonetheless.

We have been unpacking all the goods and doing stock. We had some issues with Julian Red and Rag & Bone but everything else was smooth sailing. I am finalizing the costing of the goods and yes, I will be pricing everything so it's easy on everyone's wallets.

The Website should be up and running soon as well. I just have to finalize all of the photography and the content that is going in it. I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible and believe me, that can sometimes be quite a challenge. However, my focus is on getting the store space open so that will be the main focus.

The second floor should be up and running in a couple of weeks. I need to finalize the work being done to it. In the meantime, we will operate downstairs while the contractor's crew work upstairs. Again, that's not going to make it too comfortable a working environment but that's we don't have many choices.

That's the progress. See you all next week. I'm going to upload some pictures of my hell week so far. I'll do that later on.

1 comment:

Indo Dreamin' said...

Dude, u are busy chopping life down under and like a fool i am waiting for you to open shop. Look man, i am comming to singapore at the end of this month JUST to see your shop. Thats right bro, I am comming for the sole perpouse of attending your beer and cookies openeing. Save a pair of sneakers for me champ ;-)