Friday, March 26, 2010

Jane McGonigal: Gaming can make a better world | Video on TED.com

Jane McGonigal: Gaming can make a better world | Video on TED.com

A friend of mine linked me this video a few days back, I finally got around to seeing it and the significance that I took away from it was amazing. This is a little out of the context from what is usually posted here but I think this will be relevant to quite a few of our readers that grew up around some sort of gaming console or computer(the same concepts from the video can be translated from sports as well, but I think the point of time commitment is a lot more common in games). A lot of the subjects touched on I've come up through my own research, however the vindication from hearing the points mentioned in this talk are priceless to me.


Ho imparato che niente e impossibile, e anche che quasi niente e facile…(I’ve learned that nothing is impossible, and that almost nothing is easy…) - Articolo 31 (Italian rap group),
 “Un Urlo”