Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Singapore

The holiday mode depression has finally worn off and I am back in Singapore working on things full swing. Melbourne had the most positive effect on me. I really needed that holiday to let loose and sort of prepare myself for the tough upcoming months. I'm still drinking a lot in Singapore though, and this is only my 3rd day here.

Good things have happened. I met with my cousin the first day I got here and we ended up having a few drinks.

I met with the Interior Designer yesterday. What was supposed to be a brainstorming and budget breakdown discussion ended up becoming a (surprise, surprise) piss-up session. Hey, if happy hour starts at 4pm instead of 5pm, I ain't wasting that extra hour.

The thing that has annoyed me most is the employment pass issue I am having. It is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. This employment pass is the key to everything. I mean everything! You need it to get a phone line, Internet acces, Cable TV. You need it to go to the bank even if you are opening a FIXED deposit account. Anyway, I still haven't been able to get one as when I was supposed to collect it yesterday, the Ministry of Manpower tells me that I need to deposit 3000 bucks at a bank and collect a banker's guarantee and bring it back to them. Next thing you know they're going to tell me to grow a Vagina. Believe you me, they probably would ask for something like that. That's how unreasonable these people are.

So I went ahead and got 3000 bucks and deposited it. The guy at the counter tells me that the guarantee will be ready in a week. This is when I flipped out. I instantly told him that without that damn pass, I would have no access to all the shit I mentioned above. Shit, I even told him that I have been going to bed at 7:30pm each night. Because of that I have been waking up at 6:30 in the am goddamnit..!

So fuck it. I did everything and am just waiting for things to happen. I am going to watch some fighting.

Out

No comments: